Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fresh from Bohol: A lot darker skintone


Hi guys! It has been a while seen I visited blogger and I am packed with kwentos to tell. So let me start with the first summer term I ever took. Since I have to catch up with my delays, I decided to enroll Manasci and Straman for summer. Both are minor subjects and this is the first time I get to have an accounting-free term after my Mod 1. Sadly, both subjects require time so I was somehow deprived of time for outings and parties.

The story about the picture above: Jhoana and I were depressed for not having a single summer photo because of our summer classes. Like everyone's having their display pictures on the beach, having fun and here I am in front of thick readings and thick books.

So what was up with my summer aside from studying? 

May 21, 2011 a day after my Summer Term finals, my mom, brother, me and my mom's friend woke up early for the first PAL flight to Tagbilaran, Bohol. 

Sad thing was my camera's battery died right after I took a photo of the clouds while on the plane. I hate forgetting to charge. So I had no choice but to use my low-res cam phone instead.

We chose to get the services offered by the tourist famous Mang Tatsky for our first day in Bohol- the Bohol Countryside Daytour. Our tour guide/driver was really funny, accomodating and he takes good pictures too!


This is a view of the ever famous Chocolate Hills. The weather was a little bipolar. The sun shined too hard then the clouds became really dark right after.

We also went to the Loboc River for lunch. The buffet was so-so, nothing special but the ambiance was spectacular. It felt different and good to have lunch in the river- though it was colored chocolate that time due to the rainy weather.


Aaaah, nature!! :)


Bohol means Tarsiers. I cannot miss seeing this primate. It's so cute but it looks really fragile. I'd love to take one and make it live on my pocket. Sadly, removing them from their habitat would cause them death. This cutie keeps on sleeping, though. 


This picture, though it may not seem like one, was taken in a cave. We were in Hinagdanan Cave. There's nothing very special here aside from the cool fresh water where you can swim. It was dark down there so we just took pictures and left immediately.

The Hinagdanan Cave was the last spot we visited for the day. Aside from the discussed spots, we also went to Hanging Bridge, Blood compact, Baclayon Church and to a famous pasalubong store in Bohol.


Second day in Bohol! :)
This is taken in the shore of Balicasag Island, a famous snorkeling and diving spot in Bohol. This island is full of stones, corals, etc. It's opposite Virgin Island for having its fine, white sand bar.

 Day two in Bohol was actually spent in Dolphin Watching, snorkeling at Balicasag Island, Swim at Virgin Island and a lot of sleeping. This is the only time I get to use the digicam. Finally!


Balicasag Island on my background. 


Picture below: Soaking half of my body in the salty water of Virgin Island. I loooove its fine and white sand. It also had shallow waters! Why was it called Virgin Island? It's not as "developed" as the Balicasag Island and I think nobody owns or lives there. The island is just composed of trees, grass, sand and seaweeds.

I heard some foreigners wanted to buy Virgin Island but the government did not agree. One reason was the issue on waste disposal. Since the island is really small, the possible end of the wastes are on the sea.


Sarangani Princess boat, which they say is Manny Pacquiao's, at Virgin Island as well. 


Blurry picture of me while waiting for dinner. This is at Alona beach in Panglao.




Third day in Bohol! :)
One of the many things I love about hotels are their free buffet breakfasts.

We also visited Bohol Beach Club to kill time since our flight's the last flight back to Manila.
BBC is really peaceful and beautiful. It's perfect for people who seek peace and silence.


 BBC's beach front- not crowded and really quiet compared to Alona's.
 


The pool where I spent most of my time.



Lunch at Bohol Beach Club



My brother and Mom


OTW back to Manila. Hello Sunset from the sky! <3


MANILA: a view from the sky

After landing, me and my brother went to SMX for Maroon 5's concert (next post!). Awesome weekend!

1 comment: