Saturday, July 7, 2012

Too Young for 20

The only reason why I love birthdays is because I have candle-blowing rights. You can't imagine how awkward I feel whenever someone sings a happy birthday song to me.

I look young, don't I? If you see me in person or in pictures, you'd doubt I'm twenty. Most people mistake me as a high-schooler when in fact I only have less than a year to college graduation. Not just with looks, but my mental self is comparable to a high-schooler as well.

Throughout my college years, I've been avoiding the concept of maturity and career. I have this weird fear of independence and freedom. I feel like my "rooms for mistakes" get extinct as I grow older. It's really unhealthy to think this way because I'd soon be forced to swallow these things up. And if you ask me, twenty is just a number. I feel like I wanna be a teenager forever.

Despite the negative thoughts in my mind about getting old, I think I'd say I am thankful for having lived this long. When I was 19, I recognized the things that I value the most in life. I was also able to set my goals for the next 10 years of my life. I have even envisioned what I'll be doing in the next years of my life. When I was 19, I knew what I want in life.

Before I continue to bore you with the things I've learned about life, let me share you the simple birthday lunch and dinner I had with my friends in Taft.

Caramel cake from Becky's Kitchen

120-piece sushi and maki bilao


I also had graham cakes, 24pcs chicken wings from Flaming Wings and Carbonara



Fefy and Tin


My Love & Sale partner, Bea ♥

Had dinner with Yanyan



JT and JM came over dinner




Josh visited even if he was so sick

Those after-crying eyes

I got to make around 20 people eat today for dinner and lunch. 20 people in Taft for my 20th.
I wonder who will still be with me on my 21st. 


No comments:

Post a Comment