Thursday, May 24, 2012

Le Bar Sofitel

A panorama of Sofitel Manila's pool area

Aside from being everyone's favorite social networking site apart from Facebook, Twitter can actually give you an opportunity to savor a "Magnifique" experience. I was lucky enough to win a Le Bar buffet for two from one of Sofitel's raffle contests on Twitter. I thought all my life that I'm a jinx on raffles. Who knew I'd win something like this?

Courtesy of Twitter: @SofitelManila

Last May 18, 2012, I decided to finally claim my gift certificate together with my mom and my brother. We agreed to use it the same day as a late Mother's day celebration. It was still an hour early before the buffet opens and so we decided to spend time on the pool area. The view of the sea and sunset is spectacular. There were big umbrellas, beach chairs and a restaurant where you can buy delectable treats while enjoying the view. I got to try their ice cream sundae and it sure was delicious! I was tempted to try other food in the menu but I convinced myself not to because I will soon enter a buffet.

I perfectly know how awkward I take photos of food so I decided to take a video on the whole experience instead. I really am so sorry for the quality of the video. 

Le Bar buffet is the temporary buffet while Spiral is under renovation. The place is unusually dim-lighted compared to other buffets in the Metro. The food selection is relatively smaller than Spiral's but the quality and taste is indifferent with that of Spiral's. 

Among all of the food served, I particularly loved their Foie Gras (Goose' liver), Baby Back Ribs, Peking Duck, Raw Salmon and US Prime Ribs. 

As for desserts, I love everything. Kidding! I love their DIY crepe, Cheesecakes and Ice cream. My mom loves the Crepe and Halo-halo. As for my brother, he got a plate full of fresh fruits. After the buffet, I went over Galette and bought a piece of every flavor of their Macaroons (which I ate for breakfast the following morning). 

The experience is really extraordinary. Le Bar's buffet won't cost you as much as Spiral but the service and the quality is really magnificent. I saw initiative on their chefs and their staff. Even before you start asking for something, they have quite provided it for you already. They are all very attentive and friendly. 

If asked if I'd be willing to go back? NO DOUBT.

Thank you, Sofitel!

Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
Microsite: http://www.sofitelmanila.com
Follow on Twitter: @SofitelManila
Like on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sofitelmanila


No comments:

Post a Comment